New York Daily News criticizes Republicans: 'God Isn't Fixing This'
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - The New York Daily News released a controversial front page in the wake of Wednesday's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California. The Thursday headline reads "God Isn't Fixing This."
"As the last batch of innocent Americans are left lying in pools of blood, cowards who could truly end gun scourge continue to hide behind meaningless platitudes," the cover reads.
The New York Daily News says, "White House hopefuls on the Democratic side of the aisle called for stricter gun laws in the wake of the shooting in San Bernardino that left at least 14 dead. But after yet another mass shooting in America, GOP presidential contenders were conspicuously silent on the issue of gun control. Instead, the Republicans were preaching about prayer."
Meanwhile, Democratic presidential candidates like Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders took a different stance and called for stricter gun laws.
President Obama pushed the need for stricter gun laws in an interview in response to the shootings saying, "'There are some steps we could take--not to eliminate every one of these mass shootings--but to improve the odds that they don't happen so frequently. Common sense gun safety laws, stronger background checks."
- Q&A about the suspects in deadly California shooting
- 14 dead, 17 wounded in California shooting; 2 suspects dead
- Police confirm identity of dead suspects, say male shooter was county employee
- Mayor: City remains on alert following mass shooting at 'Christmas party'
- Celebrities react to San Bernardino massacre
- Police: 2 suspects in San Bernardino shooting dead; 3rd person detained
- Victims contact family members as shooters stormed San Bernardino office building
- Five things to know about mass shootings in the United States
- Politicians react to fatal San Bernardino shooting
- Experts: Initial reports on San Bernardino shooting suggest 'coordinated attack'
- Police: 14 killed, 17 injured in San Bernardino mass shooting