ALOHA, Ore. - Sour Patch Kids in a family's Halloween candy tested positive for methamphetamine, the Washington County Sheriff's Office said.
The parents reported feeling ill Thursday after eating the candy.
No children consumed the candy in question, the sheriff said.
The family had gone trick-or-treating in the neighborhoods near their home east of Southwest Cornelius Pass Road in the Aloha area on Halloween.
"The parents called deputies this afternoon after they consumed Sour Patch Kids candy collected the evening prior and began to feel sick," the sheriff's office said. "The parents told deputies the candy wrapper had appeared to been fully sealed prior to them opening it and consuming the candy."
"Deputies conducted field tests on the gummy candy, which tested positive for the presence of methamphetamine. The candy was seized and placed into evidence."
The sheriff's office said they have received no other reports about Halloween candy problems in Washington County.
Police in Omak, Washington, reported finding a stick pin in Halloween candy.
And in Meridian, Idaho, authorities are investigating a report that a child received rat poison while trick-or-treating.