Man found dead in Columbia River, deputies ask for help identifying him
PORTLAND, Ore. – A man was found dead in the Columbia River last week, and officials are asking for help identifying him.
Officials said they found the man Friday, September 21, but say he was likely last seen in early September on the Washington side of the river.
At this point they do not have any open missing persons cases for someone matching his description, and said he didn’t have keys, ID, or personal effects when he was found.
They hope that by releasing a list of his physical characteristics that a family member, neighbor or friend might be able to identify him.
If you have any helpful information, contact the Clatsop County Sheriff’s office at (503) 325 8635.
- Approximately 60 year old male, unknown ethnicity
- He is about 5-7, 160 lbs.
- Dark hair 5 inches in length in the back, may have frontal balding
- Brown eyes
- No upper teeth (he may wear a plate)
- Distinctive salt and pepper beard—6 inches in length and curly
- No scars, tattoos, or jewelry
- His clothing is in good condition
- Patagonia dark blue/purple fleece pullover
- Women’s petite blue fleece vest Great NW brand
- Orange T-shirt and tie dye T-shirt medium Kirkland brand
- Key brand work jeans
- Size 7 Denali brown hiking boots
- Brown with silver metal belt with a black “lighter leash” attached