Kittitas County to get $1 million for waste station design
OLYMPIA, Wash. - Two improvement projects in Yakima and Kittitas counties are receiving major funding.
The funding comes from the Washington State Public Works Board, which is awarding a number of other state projects in need of pre-construction and emergency loans in 2018.
According to a press release, each loan is distributed to pay for the work necessary to complete a project before construction begins. The board said these projects will improve water, sewer, road and street systems.
The funding for the approved projects totals more than $3.5 million.
The Department of Commerce said the Terrace Heights Sewer District will receive $160,000 as an emergency loan for a sewer main replacement.
Kittitias County will also receive $1 million for design of a solid waste transfer station in Ellensburg.
Other recipients include various projects in the following communities.
- City of North Bend - $99,774 for North Bend Waste Water Treatment Plant Priority Improvements
- City of Palouse - $250,000 for Water System Improvements Designs
- King County - $1,000,000 for West Point Primary Sedimentation Area Roof Structure
- Town of Cusick - $40,000 for Comprehensive Collection System Evaluation
- Town of Cathlamet - $55,000 for Columbia Street Water Line Improvement