Utah woman sues bagel shop for $1 million over allegedly contaminated tea
LAYTON, Utah (KUTV) - A Utah woman is suing a popular bagel restaurant for $1 million after she claims it accidentally poisoned her.
Last July, Selina Beilstein and her daughter were eating at Einstein Bros. Bagels in Layton when she poured herself a cup of tea that she says tasted "tainted."
Moments later, Beilstien claims she and her daughter became instantly ill and both began violently vomiting. They each experienced burning in their throats, developed hives and were rushed to the doctor.
Beilstein believes the restaurant had used an industrial cleaner on the tea dispenser and failed to rinse all of the chemicals off. She says they haven't been the same since that sip of tea.
Beilstein has suffered from esophagitis, acid reflux and has had two surgeries. She remains in constant pain.
2News' Chris Jones has more on the story in the video player above.