ZILLAH, Wash. -- Firefighters blamed electric blankets for starting a fire that caused extensive damage to a house in Zillah. It started around noon on the two-thousand block of East Zillah Drive. Firefighters said the blankets overloaded an electric socket. No one was home at the time. Firefighters said the ceilings couldn't be salvaged and there was a lot of structural damage.
KIMA CBS Yakima, Washington covers news, sports, weather and events in the area, including Terrace Heights, Yakima, Union Gap, Selah,Toppenish, Tieton, Naches, Wapato, Sunnyside, Prosser, Grandview, Ellensburg, Zillah, Kittitas, and Granger.