It's a holiday surprise that didn't come from underneath the Christmas tree.
"I didn't really know what it was," said Max Turnquist. "I was kind of like, why is this in the juice box?"
What Max Turnquist nearly swallowed still gives this West Valley family goose bumps.
"This is the straw that Max had and this is what came out of it. And this is what the lab referred to as the tail," said Max's mother, Kim Turnquist.
The Turnquists think that tail belonged to a worm. Their disgust has now turned into concern.
"Is there eggs in the juice? How long has it been there?" said Kim Turnquist.
Max's mother worries more because her son has a heart condition that weakens his immune system.
"We're always a little over-concerned that if he catches something or eats something, ingests something that it could cause problems to him," said Kim Turnquist.
When the family contacted Kraft Foods, which owns Capri Sun, they were a little surprised by what they call a nonchalant attitude.
So, the family took to the internet and found they were far from alone.
An iReport story posted on CNN.com earlier this year shows what appears to be a worm poking out of a Capri Sun.
"The most frustrating part for me at least is how they deal with it, the Capri Sun company, that it just is really no big deal," said Max's father, Mark Turnquist.
To get all sides, KIMA contacted Kraft Foods directly.
A spokesperson for the company responded with an e-mail and told us that without examining what it calls "foreign matter," Kraft Foods couldn't be sure what was inside the juice pouch.
The company thinks it was mold, which might not be much better.
"We're not drinking any of these," said Kim Turnquist of the remaining Capri Sun juices in her fridge.
Now, the Turnquists are taking a second look at all of their food.
"Everything we're eating lately, we keep looking and it's like 'oh, what's in this?' It's kind of opened a bigger jar of worms," said Kim Turnquist.
Max hopes his next surprise is something he wants.
Kraft Foods says it regrets what happened and calls it a very rare occurrence.
The company says any tiny hole in a Capri Sun that lets air in can cause mold to grow because it doesn't contain preservatives and it will look into what exactly was found in this case.
The Turnquists are having it tested privately.