Smoke in gym shuts down school

YAKIMA, Wash. -- Administrators at St. Paul Cathedral School in Yakima canceled classes Tuesday morning after smoke filtered into the gym.

They tell KIMA there's an electrical problem somewhere in the building, possibly a short circuit. Employees say half the lights in the building weren't working either. They don't know if the source of the problem is within the school or the electrical line coming into the building from outside. Crews of Pacific Power are on the scene assessing the situation and will make the necessary repairs.