Outdoor residential burning to start Saturday

YAKIMA REGIONAL CLEAN AIR AGENCY NEWS RELEASE -- Each year, Outdoor Residential Burning (yard waste; leaves, trimmings, etc.) requires a new permit issued through the Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency or one of its agents. Additionally, no outdoor burning is permitted during a Burn Ban.

Please take note that this year's Outdoor Residential Burn Permits will soon be available for purchase. The period for residential outdoor burning begins this year on Saturday, March 15th - with a current permit. Residential Outdoor burning will be allowed to continue until October 15, 2014, but is only allowed outside Urban Growth Areas.

For more information, call the Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency at (509) 834-2050.