YAKIMA, Wash.-- Firefighters say a space heater malfunction caused a house fire this morning in Yakima. Now, the man who lives there has to find someplace else to sleep. It started on the 900 block of West Logan Avenue around ten-30 this morning. The fire killed the man's three cats. Firefighters say the home didn't have a smoke detector. They say the inside of the house was destroyed.
KIMA CBS Yakima, Washington covers news, sports, weather and events in the area, including Terrace Heights, Yakima, Union Gap, Selah,Toppenish, Tieton, Naches, Wapato, Sunnyside, Prosser, Grandview, Ellensburg, Zillah, Kittitas, and Granger.