MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Firefighters: Dog house heater likely caused house fire

Firefighters: Dog house heater likely caused house fire

YAKIMA, Wash. - Firefighters believe a heater used to heat a dog house caused a fire that spread to a Yakima home.

Someone who lived at the house had just returned home when he noticed the dog house was on fire Wednesday evening, according to reports from the Yakima Fire Department (YFD).

He tried to put it out himself but flames had spread out of control and the fire was called in to firefighters around 8 p.m.

Fire had spread to the attic of the house, located at the 200 block of N. 65th Place. Reports said firefighters had to pull ceiling down inside the house to reach flames and completely extinguish the fire.

No one was injured in the fire.

The two people living in the home are staying with family and friends as the house is unlivable due to the fire.

YFD investigators said the dog house heater was likely placed too close to combustibles.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending