MENU

      Electrical fire damages Yakima car wash

      YAKIMA, Wash. -- Firefighters say a Yakima car wash will be closed for an undetermined amount of time after a Friday afternoon fire.

      The fire began just after 2 p.m. in the 900 block of West Nob Hill Boulevard. Officials say a witness smelled smoke while at an espresso stand nearby and called 911.

      Firefighters say the fire started in a mechanical room.

      According to the Yakima Fire Department, the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.

      Damage from the fire has been estimated at $250,000.
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER