MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Cooking fire leaves 10 people without a home

Cooking fire leaves 10 people without a home

GRANGER, Wash. -- Firefighters say a cooking fire over the weekend is what left 10 people without a home.

The fire happened at an apartment complex on Saturday in Granger.

Just before 5:00 p.m., firefighters say a man was cooking food on the stove when he got into the shower, and when he got out, he noticed the fire.

People in four of the five apartments affected by the fire were able to evacuate safely.

A fifth unit was empty.

Firefighters estimate about $80,000 in damage.

The Red Cross is helping the families with housing.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending