MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire burned in Parker home's dead spaces for a while before occupants noticed

According to Yakima County Fire District 5, the alarm began at 5:50 P.M. on the 500 block of Bond Street in Parker.

Firefighters in Yakima County responded to a house fire Saturday night in Parker that had been burning in the home's dead spaces for a while before the residents noticed something wrong.

According to Yakima County Fire District 5, the alarm began at 5:50 P.M. on the 500 block of Bond Street.

When firefighters arrived, they found the fire in the second floor bedroom and on the exterior chimney chase.

Firefighters knocked down the fire.

The fire district says there were several dead spaces because the home had been going through some remodeling.

They say the fire started in the exterior chase, which had housed the piping for the wood stove.

The fire caused about $60,000 worth of damage, but no one was hurt.

Firefighters also add that the 15-degree weather made things more difficult.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending